Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Monday, November 4, 2019

Some archaeology at Mesa Verde - not cliff dwellings

I will be showing lots of photos of the cliff dwellings over on "When I was 69"


Looking to right of the exhibit (explained below)
Looking to left (see explanation of what these buildings were in second panel with layout explained below)


 I think my photos got downloaded out of order...for this shelter building is just a roof, while the other one has metal sides.  I am not sure which parts now belong to which descriptions.



























4 comments:

  1. ...an amazing ancient civilization!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It demonstrates to me how different generations chose to change the environment of their elders...or were there wars bringing destruction of the old?

      Delete
  2. Fascinating stuff -- and so well documented. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I am afraid there were too many "signs" and displays. It seemed confusing to me. But I can imagine an archeological team having to figure it all out...especially when villages were built right on top of an older one. I'm sure these days the same stones would be re-used, thus making it even more confusing.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...