Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Mountain Mandala

My mandala is secured on a burlap backing, and framed.  Let me just mention, as a potter, it's been years and years since I had to frame anything, and I had a grueling time of it!  But it's done.


It will be at the Swannanoa Fine Arts League (Red House Gallery) until the end of the year (or until sold).  Their opening is Fri. Nov 8, 5-7 pm. The show theme is "Mountain Music." I also submitted a dozen or so ornaments for the trees.

8 comments:

  1. ...good luck to you with the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sorry, Linda...I hit delete by mistake. You were asking about RIO? Red Iron Oxide? No, I used a thin wash of Mayco's black Stroke N Coat, then a couple of layers of matt clear glaze over it. It turns the black into sepia tones with nice watercolor thinning.

      Delete
  3. It is quite beautiful and you did a great job mounting it. I wish I could see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was mounted in stages, gluing the burlap onto the baking board, then gluing the clay onto the burlap...lots of E-6000 glue. Pretty premanent I've found.

      Delete
    2. Darn my spelling...backing board!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...