Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Monday, November 11, 2019

A not so secret place for beauty/art in Black Mountain NC

It's tucked back from the road, not invisible, but you need to know where to look. Between the Black Mountain vet building and the Monte Vista Hotel...on the north side of State Street - easier to find the second time!  Look for a little two story house, which is red with white trim.  Of course that is the Red House!


A few nights ago (Nov 8) was an opening of the latest show "Music of the Mountains."  And there was live mountain music performed in one of the galleries also! A bit of a squeeze, so I took photos of that art beforehand.


 I know I try to put all the art I see on this blog, so I'm going to let you browse through today, and only have one (or maybe two) more posting of the Red House show that is up till the end of December 2019. (The Christmas ornaments will be on two trees and are limited availability!)










If you happen to see some cats in ceramic on the tree, those are mine! (and a dragon and an angel!)
















 I still don't know what "Lampwork" is...do you?



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's early when I read your comment...and it took me a while to figure our you mean the "ART" sign! Yes, you are so right.

      Delete
  2. Hello, Beautiful art work. I love it all! We recently visited the Music Center and the Art Museum on the Blue Ridge Parkway, they both had lovely exhibits. So many creative artist, it is wonderful to see. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great to see how many things can be enjoyed which are lovingly created by the hands and hearts of artists and craftspeople?

      Delete
  3. How delightful! Thank you for sharing this beautiful artwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and thanks for stopping by to look!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...