Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Nutmeg and celadon

OK, I've gotten into a groove. I like how nutmeg used to be a solid brown on white clay, and celadon would be a turquoise ( not as translucent maybe as I'd wish, but pretty.)

Simple butter dishes

 But look at that brown...it was poured after the celadon...and has variations!

 plate number one with high edges...


 plate number 2 with high edges...


But others that have these two colors haven't been as nice...so I'm still working on the combination.

10 comments:

  1. Hello, the colors and plates are beautiful. I like the two colors together. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen...same to you, hope you have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  2. Lovely glaze combo. I keep wanting to turn them 90º and view them as landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, maybe that's why I always photograph them vertically (the horizon at least).

      Delete
  3. ...the two complement each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I didn't think the nutmeg would be so "woody"...and it probably won't be the next batch that's mixed.

      Delete
  4. Both are so unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy colours, I can imagine some lovely yellow butter sitting on that dish...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for all your comments throughout my blogs! Glad to have your visit!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...