Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, November 17, 2019

River Arts and art students

 The nice skeleton graces a doorway at the basement level of the Wedge...a building of art studios.

 We parked in an extensive parking lot behind the Wedge, and the bridge goes across the French Broad River.
 Odyssey clay works has many students' studios.

 Helen and I both liked this figurative sculpture.

 In the distance you can see the musicians.  I enjoyed the tables full of beautiful pottery.

 This sculptural wall hanging reminded me of my son's work. I'm pretty sure the latice work is not clay, but I didn't find any easy way to check it out.


 The pods are definitely clay, each one different...and beautifully done.

A griffin...I had to capture it to show my friend Sarah, who just named her dog Griffin! He doesn't look like this.

We walked till my legs gave out. Though the venue was advertised to have trolleys to take people around, we never saw where to catch them. And we didn't even go in the studios in the Wedge. Instead we stopped for coffee in the same old coffee shop.

11 comments:

  1. ...thank goodness for creative minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, lovely pieces of art work. I love the hanging wall sculpture. The Griffin is cool. The French Broad River sounds familiar, I think we road by there recently. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you all came to Asheville on your Blue Ridge Parkway tour. I love to imagine the home or office space that would hold that wall sculpture.

      Delete
  3. I love the River Arts District, and the Wedge Brewery. I wish I lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, and I've never had the time, or energy, to visit everything there! Same goes for seeing Seagrove, wish it was closer!

      Delete
  4. The River Arts District is one of the best things about Asheville!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And in the short 12 years I've lived here, I've seen a great improvement in that area.

      Delete
  5. Those students are very talented. Before I retired from FSU, I worked in the College of Fine Arts and I always enjoyed walking through the studios there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never attended FSU when I lived in Tallahassee, but certainly did visit the galleries and shows of students' work.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...