Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Getting ready for what's next

That is something that we can all give a bit of thought to.

Once things begin to open up again. When kids can again climb around on playgrounds, after being let out from classrooms where they gathered to learn...when the stores are stocked well and friends can hug again.
My granddaughters and the bunnies they raised (and sold) about 6 years ago.

Did you ever think we'd be without such ordinary things?

I want to sit in my favorite coffee shop, eating a decadent pastry and sipping my Americano espresso. I want to hug everyone after church. I want to be in a crowded studio making something in clay, grinning at jokes being told.

When?

My original guess (back when I started wearing a mask at the dentist office in February) was things would be changing and might last till Easter.  Now I'm not sure Mother's Day will suffice. I'm still on the optimistic side however.  Yet still, the flu epidemic of 1918-19 had a second bout come through after the survivors got well. More people got sick.  So we need to be wary.

OK, let's post Christmas as possibly returning to normal. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. ...never take ordinary things for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss all the normal things, I guess we all took the ordinary things for granted, they would always be there.
    I hope things are back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard some interesting thoughts about the "new normal." It does give us a chance to improve the ways we go about a few things. Gradually is easier than the way we're having to approach them now. But we do have a few opportunities.

      Delete
  3. So far, aside from my classes being on line and the library and my favorite garden center being closed, my life is not much disrupted. Worries about others' health and the economy are always there--an unpleasant background muttering. I'm hoping, of course, for the miracle of a vaccine/cure or for the virus to run its course. And I'm interested to see if we--humankind-- will have learned anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the question is to see if this makes behaviors of normal people change at all, or maybe have a change of attitude at all. I kind of like that lots of churches are doing services on line, so I can actually watch a church program without being anywhere in that neighborhood...but I do miss the folks that are part of my church community. They are going to try a Zoom coffee hour...we shall see how that runs this Sunday.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...