Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Thursday, March 5, 2020

A beaded stole

My sister beaded this stole or woolen scarf for me. I was so thrilled to receive it. And of course a friend saw it and asked if she would make one for her. I was the original go-between, but gave them each other's email addresses and encouraged them to work out the details between them.

I think I saw my friend's stole one time, in deep maroon colors. But she was very disappointed in it, not having half as much hand work on it as mine. A sad story, and the reason I didn't want to be a middle-woman in the conversation. My sister often tried to please, and then let people down. It was just her way. She died back in 2017.

This stole represents the surprisingly generous side of my sister...you never knew when it would happen! OK, aside from her quirkiness, she could create beautiful needlework.





 It has a soft marino wool backing, from which she made fringes.

This shows the back side, revealing she did all the embroidery and beadwork through the wool backing and the lace. I wear it about once a year.

2 comments:

  1. ...what an amazing work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, the embroidery and bead work is lovely. Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...