Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Saturday, March 14, 2020

My tree/vase and canceled art opening

There are almost no public events happening this week...and I don't know when they will start again.  Friday was to be the opening at the Red House Gallery of the latest show.

I may have already given you a hint of my vase/tree that is part of that show.




Here are some more photos of it. I stopped by the gallery and took a few shots, thinking that I wasn't going to come to the opening, if it happened. On Thursday it was still a possibility. By Friday morning there were FaceBook and email posts of the cancellation.

I like the dried leaves that were available at the gallery, which of course just give an idea of what is possible if the sculpture is treated as a vase.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep...trying to. Being an "at risk" person is tough, since I'm also a "go and do" person. Mmm, it has paid off so far, but just living this long means approaching life a bit differently.

      Delete
  2. love the tree vase especially with the money plant seeds pods, I've looked for those seeds and haven't been able to find them, years ago in CA I made a tree sculpture but your tree vase is more practical

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and I love your close up photo above

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bug!!! Will you be visiting the pottery studio or staying away during this social distancing thing?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...