Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Waiting to bisque

I put together some pieces of clay, and then modeled a head, then added more clay, and this is the result.

At least having been created.





The inspiration was a willow tree in the wind. I'm really disappointed in the actual sculpture. I was picking it up to throw it in the trash when someone said they really liked and admired it. OK, so maybe it says something to a viewer. Maybe not what I started with. I know it's taking forever to get it bisqued, because it's very fragile and tall. The studio manager prefers mugs to load, can you blame him?

6 comments:

  1. she looks like she is half bird with her arms such as they are; we have to make what we make and sometimes even often the clay tells us what we must make, I was just thinking how precarious it would be to load her into the kiln

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right...sometimes the clay takes us to new places. she's getting bisqued today!

      Delete
  2. The hair does remind me of a willow, well done. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen...I am hoping to put some green glaze on the hair.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...