Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Forgetting to take photos

I must be sick. How could I have gone through beautiful countryside, visited friendly people at the Art Center in Shelby NC, shared dinner with good friends...and NOT take a single photo!

We drove down (from mountains everything is down, but so is driving in a southerly direction) to Shelby, leaving the sleet and rain of Black Mountain.

Not this month, nor my photo, taken by drone above Black Mountain Town Square
We packed up the remaining pottery which hadn't sold, and looked at a list of what had, then drove back to Marion. That's where the three of us met another potter friend for Mexican food dinner.

And I just enjoyed the whole thing. I used Siri a few times to find out where I'd sent us to the wrong place with my faulty memory. I'm glad my phone was a backup, so we didn't continue in the directions that would have made us miss some of the fun we had.

Pshaw! That's where that term is good. I messed up with no photos. So I'm going to find some older photos here to share.

Last year's show in Shelby, inside the Cleveland County Arts Council, aka the Old Post Office building.

My cousin Violet, and yours truly. We found out I'd made a mistake on my genealogy, so we're not really cousins. But I'd sure adopt her if we could. She told us a lot about the Art Center, where she works...I was interested in the Old Post Office building, where they are situated.

Sold this little sculpture. That makes me happy.

Only the green mugs, one plate, and the weird vase on top shelf sold from this end of the display...I thought the tan and celadon bowls would certainly catch someone's eye. I think they are perfect serving dishes. Just goes to show what I know!

I'm glad to have these photos to remember what was gone when I packed up the remaining ones. Only one dragon was left on the top shelf, and a lot of the white with red flowers had sold. But the blue on white, not a thing! So that's all I'll say about my efforts to know my market. Nah.

5 comments:

  1. ...it's hard to tell what people will buy these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentioned to my friend that when she's there to make sells in person, she does much better. I don't think that's true for me...and anyway, we weren't there for this show.

      Delete
  2. You never know how the public taste will go. As in writing, I suspect you're best off pleasing yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember in art school learning that all our art came from our own life experiences, and I figured I'd have to live a long time before I had what the more famous artists depicted. Now that I've done that, I should stop second guessing (or trying to) as to what anyone else wants.

      Delete
  3. Yay for selling the sculpture! I don't know why but I am always more excited when I sell a sculptural from over a functional one. I think it must be because we have a greater emotional connection to those pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...