Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Love the Locals

Ah, another gallery show at the Swannanoa Valley Fine Arts League (aka the Red House). Opening on Friday March 13, 5-7 pm.

I'll be taking in my one submission for this show today.  But first, let me give you a peak at it.


 Not just another tree...but it forms a great vase for dried flower arrangements!



The Swannanoa Valley Fine Arts League is inviting the whole neighborhood over to experience the latest show: LOVE THE LOCALS! Be it enjoying our sensational restaurants, unique local businesses, serene mountain vistas, close-up encounters with furry creatures, or wildflowers peeking from unexpected places, this show will feature subjects that make Western North Carolina home. It will highlight what we love about where we live, and the community that surrounds us. Show us what you love about living in this neck of the woods.
 
The show will also include the 2nd Annual Student Exhibit by ArtSpace Charter School.  The students will be providing images of North Carolina wildlife and landscapes.

Curators: Tina Kannapel & Ruth Duckworth 
 

Show Dates: March 11th - May 4th
Opening Reception: Friday, March 13th, 5pm - 7pm

Hours: Weekdays and Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sundays, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.

The Red House
310 W State St, Black Mountain, NC 28711
(828) 669-0351

6 comments:

  1. ...unfortunately this vase would compete with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it embraces them quite well. I've done silk magnolias, and now it has some dried silver dollar tree branches for the show. But I think you meant it as a complement, so thanks.

      Delete
  2. Barb, I have a passion for trees, and this one speaks to me. That it is also a vessel for dried pods and weeds from my beloved forest is a happy thing. I love this piece. Kudos to you for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, glad you like it. I've had some positive comments on FB also...that makes me want to do more. But one is waiting to finish which has a female head on it - a willow in the wind...so I won't start another for a while.

      Delete
  3. Hello, I love this tree vase. Good luck with the show! I hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eileen. I am not sure if there will be an opening on Friday...most things seem to be being canceled these days because of the virus.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...