Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Thursday, April 2, 2020

A message from the teacher

"Group,
"It's important to remember that clay is only a medium.  Coming to the studio is for self-expression and to be creative!  You must keep that going while we all wait for an end to this.  Write about being in the studio or make plans for when you return.  Use Pinterest to search for future inspiration.  Set aside the time you use for class or open studio, as your brain is already expecting you to use that time.  Try a new food, a new recipe, get outside, draw leaf patterns, look hard at the grass and branch systems of the trees you have.  Play music, play an instrument, sing often.  Coming to the studio is habitualized, make sure your brain gets what it needs, lots of water yes but more importantly, a healthy dose of the remarkable artist that I know all of you are.  This time will pass.  And it's important that you come through it mindful and stress free, ready to excel past where you left off, and leapfrog into a whole new chapter of clay and artistry.
"Charles Freeland
Studio Manager"

I was totally surprised and pleased at this message from our community clay studio manager/teacher. 

Then I thought of how hard my hands are to return to using tools in carving or smoothing or painting. I've been through that before. So for this clay lover, I need to do more than just think about creating. If I'm going to return to clay, I've got to work my hands on tools.

I have a couple of projects that need attention. I'll let you know how it goes. Today I was pleased with myself in doing almost all my physical therapy exercises. I felt really good till about 5 pm, when I kept coughing and coughing. Oops. and there's a new ache in the old body, an ear ache! So now I'm using the nebulizer early and hope it will pull whatever's bothering out of my lungs and sinuses.


8 comments:

  1. ...at the moment listening to music soothes my soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. watching animal programs and gardening soothes my soul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you have a garden to work on. It will bring many blessings.

      Delete
  3. Hello, it is a great message. There are many things we can do with this lock down time. I did try a new recipe yesterday, the first time I tried to make scones. They were good but I want to play with the recipe. Take care and enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, scones! My mouth is watering. I've never tried them. When I finish the apple pie (bought and baked) then I may want to bake something else. With only one mouth, it takes 6 days to eat a pie! Tropical fish aren't in line to share pastries.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I admit I first thought how he's definitely the son of a preacher! How inspiring.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...