Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Monday, April 20, 2020

Covid-19 news

April 6 CBS news.


This is just a taste of what the country has been dealing with. The leadership of the governors of most states (not every!) has been exemplary...and the president has been the fool who thinks he's a dictator and can do whatever he wants. But he's wily, so whenever he goes off on a tangential issue, I am aware that there's probably something being hidden in plain sight. I beg of all of my readers that you vote him out of office in November. By then he may have strangled the system so much in his quest for power, that it's difficult to have a fair election. I hope I'm wrong about that.


There's the news on Mon, April 13, 2020. Just one week after that last count!

"N.C. Department of Health and Human Services has tested 63,388 residents and confirmed 4,816 cases and 86 deaths." Mountain Express, April 14, 2020

I've started taking photos of the numbers. As Buncombe County, where I live, had only 38 cases, and 3 deaths so far, I'm glad so many people are staying away from each other to "Flatten The Curve." UPDATE: April 19, now 47 cases in Buncombe County.

What the number means is that more people are being Tested and have a positive result. There are many people who are sick who may have been tested but not received the results yet. And many people who haven't even been tested at all.

The number I listen for most nights is how many have recovered from Covid-19. These people will be the key to treatment going forward, the successful living people who weathered the storm.

And the later updates:

Wed. April 15 CBS national and local ABC news

 Local ABC news

CBS National News

 That's Dr. Fauci, and two million case worldwide. CBS news.


632,800 in the US, with 27,800 who have died.  These people all left loved ones to grieve for them, after not being able to say goodbye because of the quarantine.

 Friday, April 17, 2020 - Local ABC news, Henderson County (just south of us) has many more cases, perhaps because of a Veterans home there. Buncombe is up to 47 cases.

 The debate over letting people mingle together has begun with many just plain doing it in demonstrations without masks, and often with Trump 2020 signs.


Several governors have now opened the restrictions, including some beaches in Florida.  People want to go back to work, which is understandable. I haven't even gone to get groceries myself for 2 weeks. I'm at high risk because of my age and lung diseases. I would prefer to live a few more years than go be with friends. I'm so very grateful to the ones who are helping me stay at home.

Quote for today:

Some of our deepest wounds,
Are judgments, self-inflicted,
Endless paper cuts upon our spirit,
Made by an inherently imperfect 'self',
Despising its imperfection.

When in fact, the green-stemmed fruit,
The infant petals in a sheltering bud,
Are as they should be, in their time,
On schedule to arrive, in their time,
In this Dream of passing seasons.

For here, in The Garden of Time,
What is not yet, becomes what is,
And what is, becomes what was,
And our manifest Being, ever ripening,
Is not yet, now, as it will be, then.

On this Path of Love and Surrender,
Tend gently the seedling of the Heart,
Doing the needful, as you are able,
But then Surrender, giving yourself over,
Sweet unripened...


To The Beloved Gardner.


4 comments:

  1. ...I like to be informed, but I feel overwhelmed at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The government cannot support each and every citizen indefinitely, particularly since they are printing money. If everyone stays at home much longer there will not be a country any longer nor businesses to provide citizens with necessities including food since each business is interrelated to another - supplier, grower, distributor, trucker, sales clerk, etc. Just got notified about the farmers market here they will have food vendors but no crafts folks through the month of June. I had pretty much decided it was too risky for me to go anyway since it's really crowded there. The number of folks tested does not equal how many cases there are in the USA nor the world. In a random testing in a random town location 30 percent of the folks walking around, who had no symptoms, tested positive. On a cruise ship where all the people on board were tested 45 percent tested positive but showed no symptoms, so the number of cases is much higher. Also some folks who have tested negative have later tested positive after having the virus, has it mutated? I don't know. Are the tests inaccurate, I don't know. There is much we don't know since this is a new virus. Even the experts don't know all. I've been wearing a mask and gloves since January when I heard on the news about all the Wuhan cases since I "had a feeling it would be here if not here already". I also think, (my opinion) that a 14 day quarantine isn't long enough if a person has been exposed via direct contact. I think a 30 to 40 day quarantine is needed to see if they develop the virus. One man on a cruise ship was in quarantine for 38 days and still tested positive. Since I am compromised due to age and other reasons; dh is doing all the shopping even though he is over 70; he is wearing a mask and gloves and sterilizes everything he brings in the house including the bottom of his shoes. I fully expect to have to do this same procedure for a good long while, even after our states give folks the ok to be out and about, because I think this virus is extremely virulent and will be around for quite some time. Every flu season we limit our time outside of our home anyway (and we keep a good supply of food staples). This virus isn't President Trumps fault. He believes in a decentralized government not a dictatorship, that's why he is leaving it up to the governors as to when they open their states back up. If the whole nation stays at home much longer, there will not be a country to come back to. Have you watched a briefing by the president and the members of the task force in it's entirety? I've watched them all and some of the reporters in the briefing room are extremely rude and take his words out of context so they can have a "gotcha" moment. the President's job is to give hope to the people of returning to normal which is what he is doing. Members of the task force give the facts during the briefing as they know them at the time. Some of the facts change due to learning new facts about the virus. I think it's up to each person, business, government, governor to balance their own circumstances between being scared to death, having hope, and being realistic both medically and financially. Two weeks ago my county had one case, one week later 7 with one death; now we have 14 cases and one death. Of course I know there are many more than 14 cases since most places they are only testing those with symptoms or those admitted to the hospital, some are just sent home without a test and told if their symptoms get worse to come back. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gobsmacked at the attitude of the Open It Up crowd, including the idiot in the White House--putting the economy ahead of lives. May we survive this idiocy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can count on me to cast my vote to help get Trump out of office. Everyday I am totally blown away that people blindly support him despite his ridiculous rants, lies, tweets,and name calling. I was relieved when NPR stopped airing his daily campaign rally that is disguised as a press briefing. If I need info, I will listen to what Fauci and other professionals in the medical field have to say.
    If business's start opening now, most will not have enough traffic to keep there heads above water, let alone pay their employees. I know that Jeff and I can wait a good while longer for a haircut... we have plenty of hair ties. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...