Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Bird loving

This wren is frequently seen visiting my balcony, and seems interested in the Spirit House. Last Sunday I was putting up the Hummingbird Feeder. That's when there were 2 wrens trying to get me away. I put the Sprit House/wren nest back, but I got lots of chattering from them until I closed the door again. I hope they will continue their nest, and the hummingbirds can come too!


One of the couple didn't like the bird house (its new name) up on the railing, as he chittered away at me.
I was standing inside the storm door, taking this through 2 panes of glass.

 I got the hummingbird feeder hung...maybe a bit too low. I'll wait a day or so to see if anyone finds it there.

 Both the wrens were very upset with me. The bigger one (on right) was singing away, while the smaller one just chittered at me.

The larger bird even got up on the hangar to tell me his opinion of this new decoration on their balcony. I left the door open and heard they had returned later on, and even saw one flying into their bird house. Sigh, that' a relief!

Monday afternoon I saw papa wren bring a bug to mom, and here he was sitting wondering if I was about to come out and bother them. They have made the nest underneath some moss and leaves, so I can't even see her sitting on it...nor will I be able to see the eggs when they hatch.  Drat.

Honestly I don't know if they are wrens or not. If you do, please comment below!

Today's quote:


Longing is the core of mystery.
Longing itself is the cure...

Rumi

8 comments:

  1. Hello, I seen the wrens go in and out of my birdhouses. But, I have never seen them make a nest under moss and leaves. They might take it and use it in the house? Carolina Wrens are cute birds. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty annoyed that you didn't understand what they were conveying!
    Glad that they have settled in

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I'm loving the birds, but the squirrels on the other hand are becoming a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a had a few hummers at my two feeders. Not sure if they are the ones here to stay or if they travelers heading north!
    Like Tom, I love the birds but the squirrels not so much. I am hesitant to hang seed feeders for fear of attracting squirrels close to the house. We had a such a problem with them getting into the attic at the log cabin, and don't want to encourage them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some nice wee visitors. Maybe they want some privacy so that's why they're chittering at you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cold here at the moment for humming birds. They don't really like horizontal snow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a wren nesting for the third year in a row in a log cabin bird house a friend of ours gave us in California, amazing they all seem to nest at the same time in similar climates I guess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful nest.Great job.You can also check http://www.potterymarket.co.uk/ to find varieties of pottery,decorative and gifting items.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...