Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Some Native American and Old West Art in Florida

 From the orientation movie...showing St. Petersburg downtown.

One of the beautiful bronze statues outside the James Museum of Western & Wildlife Art in downtown St. Petersburg FL. That's the family of the Raymond James financial planning company, and the Tampa FL football stadium as well.  The collection of one couple of the James family is exhibited in this museum.


I forgot to ask this handsome gentleman his name before leaning on his shoulder...who do you think it is?

 This is my daughter-in-law, Barbara Baker.

My son, Marty Heym, and Barbara were considering where to start on the 2nd floor.

I shared a lot of Native American art while I visited Santa Fe NM last summer. Here is the link to one of the first blogs about the Wheelwright Museum. You can look at a lot more jewelry, sculptures and original art by Native Americans in those posts. But this museum also had more than I expected!

But I also have more to share from the James Mueum.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, Wonderful sculptures and photos. I love the eagle. I wish you all the best in 2020, a happy & healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. If you're ever in St. Petersburg FL, there are several other museums also...the Dali Museum, and the Museum of Fine Art...but I'd seen them several times before.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...