Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Thursday, January 16, 2020

I missed it the first time around

The series in Britain called "The Great Pottery Throw Down."  They have been off the air a while apparently, but now are back, at least on You Tube. So Here's Season Two, episode one.

I enjoyed seeing these potters, who have some reputation in order to have been asked to join the competition. They also represent some ethnic and age diversity. That is supposed to add to the competition.

So they work to make a breakfast set...of which I could see myself making the cups and saucers...but a toast rack? And a coffee "cafetier" for which a plunger is provided, and must fit precisely.

The next challenge (after the first 20 minutes of the video) is throwing egg cups off the hump.

I hope you enjoy this. I'm going to go see if YouTube has also episodes of Season One.  Oh and apparently there are more episodes already of Season Two. Yay!  See you in the videos!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, it is great you found this series on You Tube. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do they have any hand building in the throw down, probably not, loved all the native american art especially the native american attire

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...