Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Native American jewelry

More art from the James Museum of Western Art
St Petersburg, FL

There is a small collection of beautiful jewelry. Having seen a huge museum collection last fall in Santa Fe at the Wheelwright Museum, I was a bit disappointed. But these are beautiful samples of a great genre.  I also imagine Mrs. Thomas James has her favorites to wear still, and doesn't display those here!



Buckle above, bolo below!


Similar design on necklace...





I apparently didn't catch the description of this Navahoh cuff with turquoise in sterling silver.















9 comments:

  1. those are some really intricate pieces, love the bright coral color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where the Natives in the west got coral. Nowadays, they can trade with anybody.

      Delete
  2. Hello, what a beautiful exhibit. Lovely pieces of jewelry. I like the bear and butterflies. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. These artists did a good job, and I noted one gave his work for the museum.

      Delete
  4. A beautiful display of Native art. I love the bear pendant necklace, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is excellent work in pieces that end up in a museum.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...