Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Dragon-girl





 As they were being assembled

 Drying on the kiln shelf so it wouldn't have to be moved from a batt to the kiln.





The kiln was too hot when I stopped by on Friday, to open and remove...but I did see them. I hope there aren't any cracks. Those wings made all my friends in the studio raise their eyebrows, being concerned that pieces of slab with that much extension were very likely to crack. Me too!

And here it is...before I moved it to my shelf, where a bit of the top of her hair broke off. I think it's fixable after the glaze firing with a tiny spot of glue.




The whole problem is, that big a body would never fly with those flimsy wings.  Where's your aerodynamics brain today?


13 comments:

  1. Hello, dragon girl is awesome. Kind of reminds me of a scene in a Harry Potter movie. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the images I've ever seen of a dragon combine in my brain, and then come out through the clay.

      Delete
  2. ...this would make a wonderful sand sculpture at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I have some trouble with my keyboard, ad had misspelled severa words...so trying again to say...
      Wouldn't that be enjoyable too!

      Delete
  3. She’s wonderful. It’s my opinion that dragons can fly with whatever style wings they have. It’s largely a matter of will and dragoness. After all Eastern dragons don’t even have wings.
    Think of bumblebees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thinking there! I forgot Chinese dragons are wingless.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Of course, I forgot the magic aspect, just because they are dragons!

      Delete
  5. Wow, dragon-girl is very impressive. Nice and creative, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it...I have another one in the works.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love it! It makes me think of Josie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I don't know if Josie has any dragons, but I do. Mine is a tie-dyed velveteen stuffed animal, with a squeaky thing like dog toys. So when you squeeze a certain place my dragon makes a squeak. Somehow it's kind of out of character. I'll take a photo soon.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...