Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, January 26, 2020

A second dragon-girl



Here are 2 view before the stain was applied and a cone 6 firing.

Stain applied, before firing.



Again, I'm disappointed with this stain of maganese oxide. I think I'll go back to a thinned black glaze wash.  

I'll do a bit more staining with acrylics. Fortunately sculptures can have paint applied to help me have my vision accomplished.

So as soon as I get a chance, I'll work on both the dragon-girls and then think about where I can show them. They won't go on a table where customers pick up bowls and mugs, that's for sure!

5 comments:

  1. Hello, I like both of your dragon girls. Well done! Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Eileen...when you have over 25 people who have already commented on your post, I kind of skip saying anything. But I do enjoy each of them! Glad you have time to come over here and look at mine too!

      Delete
  2. ...like life, everything is an experiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such fun to have the kiln opening like a Christmas morning...and I've learned to expect the worst. That way I'm pleasantly surprised a lot!

      Delete
  3. You'll achieve the look you're after. It is an interesting process and time comsuming but the final outcome can be a surprise. Your work is beautiful and I'm curious how the dragon girl turns out. Have a wonderful day and new week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...