Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Dragon girl next step

I doused her in manganese stain, and this is how she looks at this stage, before glaze firing.
Note how dark the dragon looked here. I was worried it would be too black.





And after firing to cone six...


There will be some more sepia tones (with acrylics) added where the manganese burned away. And I'll be gluing back the strand of hair that I knocked off...but fired also.


She has a little sister also, which I haven't shared with you yet. Soon...



10 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Dragon girl is looking good. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun piece! It's amazing how it was so dark before firing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And since it's considered toxic, I wonder about the air quality when so much burned away! I'm back to making a stain out of a black glaze, which usually stays visible where I put it.

      Delete
  3. ...I think that it is looking GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful, can't wait to see her little sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I posted her today! (Before answering these comments.)

      Delete
  5. Lovely..inspired by the dragon books of Anne McCaffrey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'd never read a one of them. Looks like I've some catching up to do! What a lot of books that she wrote during my adulthood! Maybe because I was having my own children when they first came out, I just read the standard sci-fi books. Didn't discover Terry Pratchett until I had a friend in the 2000s who was reading him.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...