Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Ancestors celebration by Inanna's Daughters

Hecate, the goddess of crossroads, the old wise woman who can show you the direction that you most will benefit from taking...she also was featured in a very early myth about giving directions to and from the underworld.

Here is a tree goddess with legs walking which says to me that my ancestors had roots but also kept moving.
My little sculpture of Hecate was sold last year.  This is how she looked when not yet fired.

Finished version, and I do wish I'd kept track of the person I sold it to.

An altar for ancestors, with marigolds, candles, and remembrance photos of those who have crossed over.



My friend, Ann, played Hecate with us jumping over the broom to ask Hecate for directions for the "dark times of winter" coming in the next few months. Then I took a turn channeling Hecate, and then another person did.  We all at least stated our intentions and stepped over the broom...a nice touch.

My friend Linda wearing her hat from Morocco as Hecate's witches hat, which helped her and Rebecca lead this great program with music, stories, and meditation.


Then Rebecca showed us how to make little lanterns with tissue outside small jars to keep the light going through winter, until Imbolc or Brigit-mas in February.  The lanterns have a tea-light inside, and look wonderful in the dark!

Thank you to Linda and Rebecca for a great ritual for Innana's Daughters.  If you've already seen these shared by Linda, or myself, on Facebook, just know that I wanted a set saved here on Blogger, thus....


Today's quote:



The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all, our most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its renewal is our only hope.
Wendell Berry

2 comments:

  1. There are so many directions to follow, to have a guide is a blessing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...