Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Monday, November 6, 2017

A trip for pottery

Dillsboro NC did itself proud.  Starting out in clouds in Black Mountain NC, we drove the 60 or so miles to a crowded community, bursting with potters, their creative works, and lovers and customers of pottery.


First booth had these wonderful baskets with clay rims and feet...beautifully done!

A rabbit doing the Warrior pose reminded me of my cats doing yoga (at a much smaller scale)

But then there were Julie's cute little horses for $50 each!





Much of the first hour was shuffling through booths behind whoever was ahead of us





Fellow Blogger John Bauman was there, busy selling his beautiful pots


When I saw these snowman lanterns, I thought of my friend Molly who makes cute snowmen as well!




Black Mountain Clay Studio students Pat (hand on chin) and Cindy were interested in Marti's processes (she has red headband on)



Great underglaze painting demo, by potter with hair covering her name tag...


Pat and Cindy watching the demo

OK, I'll have to make a couple of chapters for this show...too many photos and you just will fall asleep, and these are just a few of my favorite things!  Come back tomorrow!

Today's Quote:


Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.
Helen Keller
 

4 comments:

  1. So much talent! I think the warrior pose rabbit is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so love wandering around such festivals. I'm always so impressed with the talent of the various artisans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanted to know who the painting demo potter was, so looked at the list of potters in the program and found she is one of the 2 potters listed as Silo Knoll Pottery in Winston Salem, NC...Casia Beck is the listed potter, with Pam also (don't know her last name.) I had to do some googleing to figure this out. I do have a photo from the booth, but not her name, which I usually tried to get in the shot! So in the last chapter you'll get to see her booth shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...