Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Getting ready for the next show

I have few opportunities to sell my pottery, thus I live with shelves and tubs of it in my tiny apartment. But a big show is coming up the first Sat. of December.  At the Marion High School, indoors! McDowell Arts Council sponsors the show for just pottery.

Once again Cathy Babula and I will take our tables, shelves and tubs of pottery to sell to those wonderful customers who want the best pottery in the area.  This show is where everyone gets their gifts for Christmas!  And almost all the potters in the area will display their wares. I noted the many ou56t-of-state potters in Dillsboro's pottery show.  I'd guess about half of them came from outside North Carolina.  This show will have many more local potters.

I'm sent in this photo of my sunflower bowl for the program.

Hope to see you Dec. 2!

 Today's Quote:



When negative thoughts arise it is best to address them rather than pushing them down where they will surface again. 
Madisyn Taylor

Honoring an ancestor every chance I get:

Robert FARNHAM I, 1577–1604

Birth 1577 • Leicester, Leicestershire, England


Death 1604 • Leicester, Leicestershire, Eng

 He was my 10th great grandfather on my grandmother Ada Phillips Swasey Rogers' tree.

Robert FARNHAM was born in 1577 in Leicester, Leicestershire, England. He married Elizabeth HOLT in 1600 in Leicestershire, England. They had one child during their marriage. He died as a young father in 1604 in his hometown.  His wife Elizabeth Holt Farnham lived from 1581-1675.

Ancestry has some other information, including another wife's name, and other children...but there's little to substantiate that information yet.

 

 

 

 






4 comments:

  1. hope you have a good show, I know about the few opportunities; have you ever put flowers inside a bowl ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda...yes, I frequently run over the top with flowers to the inside. But it's darn hard to paint them on the whole inside, so I leave that to others with littler hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful bowl! Wishing you a successful holiday sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele...we're all busy making and potting these days, soon to be selling and relaxing!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...