Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Saturday, February 15, 2020

You say Dray-ad, I say Drie-ad.

However the Greeks said it, I won't make a fuss.
I finally had my "Hopeful Dryad" ceramic sculpture mounted in the show at the Red House Gallery this week. And a friend of mine bought it! She saw it a couple of days before the opening reception, and called me and asked if she could place it outside. Of course, I told her. It's fired clay! And even if water should rain down the open up-raised limbs/arms, there are several holes in the trunk near the base for it to drain out.

But I'll let her speak for herself.











If you are in the Black Mountain NC area, come by and see this (or any other) display. The gallery is open daily Sun-Sat. Most days from 10-5, a bit shorter on Sun. 10-3.

I'll show you more of the art here soon!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well, sometimes that's a good thing, but I usually am open to hearing from you...whatever you think.

      Delete
  2. Hello, congrats on the sale of your Dryad. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spirits of trees may have been given that name by the Greeks, but whatever they may be called, I've sure experienced them walking in the woods.

      Delete
  3. super for the sale, I particularly like her braid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. It was created about the time a movie came out where braids were worn by women just like that. But I had the idea before seeing the movie.

      Delete
  4. She's lovely in an archaic sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, using a Greek name would definitely have archaic tendencies!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...