Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Getting to an Art Show...

Gaia is the name I use for the goddess of mother nature.
She's in charge of trees, rivers, plants, weather and earthquakes. (Some of this has been posted today over on "When I Was 69) But here are the pictures of some of the pottery.

So when us piddly people plan an event, and Gaia has other ideas, guess who wins! The opening of the show has been postponed till next Thurs. evening. Of course the pots are already for sale.

 We love the playful animals on Ron's work!

 One end of my display

The other side of my 6 foot long table. I've had a few of these pieces in another show, and there are also some new ones1

 I couldn't quite figure out how he used stencils (if that's how he did the designs!)





Yes, this was also part of Vicki Gill's display...she had 3 tables but they were smallish. And her pieces were kind of big!

Then there were really big pots by Doug Knotts.









This display lost power by having the beautiful fabric. It is a good lesson that plain table coverings do bring out the pottery itself.

Yes, a few more photos tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. ...wow, what a show. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, the weather has been awful lately. The wind is scary. I see so many beautiful pottery pieces. You and the other artist are very talented. Good luck with the show. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. There is some beautiful work there. Hope the reception next week means sales.

      Delete
  3. Lovely displays! Yes, Mother Nature has the last say...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they postponed the party...I hadn't heard about Charlotte and Spartanburg's tornados that afternoon. Whew.

      Delete
  4. Your display looks great! I thought the same thing about the busy tablecloth. It's difficult to see the pots. Ron's pots are awesome as always. I like how he is now incorporating his imagery into his soda fired work. I have quite a few pieces from his laundry line series, done in earthenware.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear...it was hard to go home without another of his pieces. But my cupboard is full. I must throw (as in break) a few so there's room for more!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...