Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Giving my opinions...oops



 Here is the new owner (Edward) who purchased Rachael Clegg's painting.












I like Katherine' ceramic sculptures, but cringe at using plastic leaves (which she incorporates often.) Somehow that just makes it tacky to me. I'm a bit old school I guess.



This was one of the best portraits in the show. If I were a judge, that is.

5 comments:

  1. I cringe at plastic leaves, perhaps some fabric ones with wire to stiffen them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, silk flowers/leaves, seem more realistic to me anyway!

      Delete
  2. I wonder why the plastic leaves are her choice rather than make them from clay. I have a necklace that Jeff gave me for my birthday some years back. The pendant is a beautiful sculpture of mixed metals. The artist is vegan and chose to suspend it from a rubber cord and plastic beads that adjust it's length. The cord never lays flat so the piece doesn't hang nicely. One of these days I will restring it on a leather cord and replace the plastic with clay beads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we sometimes run into a reason for the materials someone uses, and I never thought of maybe that as the reason for the plastic leaves! When one pays that much for a piece, one expects materials that are worthy of that value, though.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you in turning up my nose at the plastic leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...