Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Changing faces of Lake Tomahawk


Happy Earth Day. Let's see about reducing our plastic pollution this year! (Great post here.)

Use reusables and just wash them, rather than plastic plates, utensils and cups.

I admit to carrying home each day the left over plastic ware that was distributed to me each day at lunch, so I don't throw away unused ones. But... I could just bring my own each day instead.  What a simple plan.  And reuse a cloth napkin rather than a paper one.  So the food is served to us on styrofoam trays with little dividers.  I don't have a choice on the plate.  But I do on what I drink out of, and the utensils.  Ha.  That will delete a bit of plastic in land fills. I already refuse to use the straws that are provided.

Thinking I eat M-F usually at Lake Tomahawk's Senior Center, a.k.a. Center for Active Living.  That's how many cups, forks and knives? 52x 5 = 260 of each!  OK Barb, now go pack up a carrying bag to take each day...because you know as you dash out the door you'll forget it!

So back to Lake Tomahawk.

August 2017


Jana 5, 2018, ice around most of the lake.

Iced at one end of lake, and snow capped moutains where the Blue Ridge Parkway runs (and was closed) Jan 5, 2018

Feb 5, 2018 cold but sunny

Feb 6, 2018 snow still on some mountain slopes
March 23, 2018
April 12, 2018 (same tree)
April 12, 2018
I admit there are rainy or snowy days, or days when I'm sick, when I don't walk around the lake.  So these are the pictures when I am able to walk.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Earth Day! What a pretty walk to celebrate the day.
    Bringing you own utensils is a great idea......one that should be spread far and wide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good plan! And a good way to honor Mother Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a beautiful location and nice to see it in different seasons; I never feel I know a landscape till I see it throughout the year. I really don't use much plastic apart from the stuff that shops insist upon wrapping everything in, and everything I use is washed and re-cycled. I'm still looking for ways to use less though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...