Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Saturday, July 6, 2019

What is given to me from above?

Come along with me this week as I explore a Tarot Card Reading and how my inner psyche relates to it! Yes very personal, but also political, environmental and even somewhat humorous.

What other people might call their angels...the inspiring energies that the universe give me to consider.

Tarot Card Nine of Swords...a nightmare card!

OK, this negative stuff keeps turning up in this spread, asking about aging and changes.  I wish I had just flowery kitten energy coming my way, but no, I've got some serious stuff to deal with.


Swords are the suit (could be diamonds in playing cards) of intellect.  So things move very swiftly, like an idea here and gone.  I think of my dark shadow self...she who exhibits the fears that might be a nightmare...a childlike persona who has nobody to comfort her.  But she is with the part of my  bright shadow, a loving nurturing, wise aspect that I can find to give myself comfort.  I own both aspects of myself.

My friend Byron Ballard frequently talks about a Tarot card which didn't appear in my spread today.  The Tower Card.  It even has been her root for calling our era of life as Tower Time.  We are living through scary times.

Now the card in the Motherpeace deck actually reminds me that I must fight the demons of my unconscious with a conscious intent. The swords offer strength in that fight against the negative fears and anger that I sleep with/live with daily.  What are my swords? I choose words. I choose goddesses who have many myths of strength. My intent then is to confront my own negative impulses with calling upon goddesses like Athena the warrior goddess, Artemus the hunter, Sofia of wisdom, and of course Boudicca the British queen warrior who defeated Romans.  We are ready whenever the demons of greed and environmental degredation come into my sleep, whenever demons of illness and want rear their ugly heads in my psyche.

2 comments:

  1. Good to have a pantheon of goddesses at you side in these Tower Times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again for sharing. I agree that we are living in scary times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...