Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Stamps (no not for the mail)

Stamping bowls...oh my, not exactly easy on a very humid day.  I waited and tried it, then kind of swept over the messed up stamps, and tried again.

This is such a pretty thing to do, I want to master it.  After all, how hard can it be? Well, the clay has to be the right consistency, not too wet, and not too hard (dry).  And it has to be the right thickness, not too thin...you've got the idea.



I'm going to be continuing in my pursuit of the right method.  And I'm going to go find the box of stamps I made myself, rather than keep on using these that were manufactured...or made by others.

I still need to trim the bottoms of these shallow bowls.  Maybe tomorrow, maybe not till Wed. night when they will have set up enough. Yes, with the amount of humidity I had today, I'm voting for Wed.

6 comments:

  1. exciting! What are your stamps made of? I mainly make clay stamps from found objects,but some come in metal, wood or plaster

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were both clay and wood. I made some in clay a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice stamping, how do you come out even on the end ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the time there are just a few inches left, I can either stretched or squeeze the distance. The second round though I do count to make sure that there are an even number of spaces, because these are placed between 2 of the upper round. Not sure what I'd have done if it hadn't been even!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Vicki...I was right that they weren't ready to trim yesterday. I turned them upside down, carefully to let them harden up to leather hard stage, which will be sometime today if I'm lucky. The studio isn't open until 6 tonight...which is my plan to finish the bottoms of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...