Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Tree stained and glazed









OK, these photos were taken before the actual glaze had been added! The perforated bowl was covered in celadon glaze, after waxing the outlined branches so they might remain white.  We shall see.

The tree itself had a coat of dark black wash, which was sponged to just leave it in the textural lines. Then I applied a coat of matt clear. This is expected to give a sepia tone to the white clay. We shall see.

By glazing them separately, I can decide whether or not the sculpture really works or not.  I admit to leaning toward "not."  In a week or so ...shall see!

Today's quote:
Like a tree, our growth depends upon our ability to soften, loosen, and shed defenses we no longer need.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see this one finished, I like them togethr but I imagine it is a bit precarious ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...