Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Thursday, July 26, 2018

On the road again

 Going around Asheville NC on my way to Knoxville, TN. I-40 is pretty well paved and a Friday morning doesn't have major traffic.

 But I know we will be crossing through the Appalachian mountains...so it's a winding drive.

 At some point, where I obviously didn't have the phone ready to take a pic, the Appalachian Trail crossed the highway (under?)

I visited sites in Sevierville and Knoxville, then returned home around 6:30 pm.  I was glad it was summertime and I would have daylight all the way home.  Sometimes those white lines on highways have gotten pretty dim and I like to stay in my own lane.



 The speed limit was usually 55 through the mountains, but most of the traffic went around 65 to 70.  I was amazed, but I guess nobody sets up speed traps there.

Of course there were several curves with 45 mph speed limits, so people did slow down to 55.



 I finally got the phone camera ready to get a photo of the tunnel!



And that's the extent of my interest in taking photos along the road.  Incidentally, traveling has been in my bones so long, I had to do one of those traveling songs to keep alert...but I started at 36 bottles of beer on the wall.  What an inane song.  After I finished it, I said as much...who would put beer bottles on a wall?

5 comments:

  1. I don't like traveling at night any more either, the oncoming lights are much too bright nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Linda. I tend to prefer the interstates because they at least have a divider, and especially will avoid the 2 lane highways after dark!

      Delete
  2. Hi Barbara... I have enjoyed your day trip blog. I love to take pictures and up until last year, I had my sister to go with me. She passed away. I find it hard to go by myself. I have a trip to Monteagle TN in October traveling from high Point. This will be an interesting trip. The map gives me two choices, I 40 to Knoxville and then south or I40 to 74. BTW, I love Black Mountain. When I was my husband's caregiver, the state gave 30 days of respite at the Neurological Center and I got to stay in a cabin on the back of the property. I have been looking at an Airbnb house in Black Mountain for some weekend stays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email me, maybe we can meet for coffee sometime when you're in Black Mountain!

      Delete
    2. I would love meeting you. One question. What time of year can you find and photograph Mandarin ducks?

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...