Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Lake Tomahawk walk

I'm still trying to stretch my breathing and my stamina, so walked about a third of the way around the Lake...and back, so that equals 2/3 of a half mile.  Mmm, I guess.  At least the sun was a bit slow to warm things up this morning, and I was up at 6 for some strange (not natural to me) reason.

 Cucumbers are putting out leaves and flowers, but nary a cuke.

 The zucchini is showing it's stuff however.  And since Dave is out of town, I'm thinking that one needs to come home with me.  Next time I visit, if it's still there!

 Hydrangea and maybe some yarrow that is really high.

  There's a long string of Canada Geese going along out there (barely visible, sorry.) But since the canoe and radio controlled sail boats were about to launch, I dare say the geese will find someplace else soon.

Mama Mallard made sure I wasn't interested in her ducklings, which aren't quite able to fly yet, as they waddled from the lake on the right into bushes behind some signs on the left.

I then went to the wonderful Tailgate Market here in Black Mountain, which was busy as usual.  As my MudBuddy friends said, this has been a good year for the Market.  I don't miss getting up every other Saturday to go set up tent and tables and lift tubs of pots in and out of trunks.  But I do love seeing my friends, and picking up some of my specials (yesterday it was a gluten free brownie and some shrimp).

Rabbit rabbit, and may your life be full of blessings and rich memories!


4 comments:

  1. That looks like a pretty walk. Love the mama mallard and ducklings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My interactions with wildlife are pretty tame. Other friends like talking about the bears that are prevalent in Black Mountain these days...getting into garbage cans usually.

      Delete
  2. I feel like things are growing slowly here. Our zucchini are behind yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a south facing bed, with water reflecting the heat, and giving moisture from the lake...so I'm glad to see it works on squash at least.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...