Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Saturday, July 14, 2018

My pocket balcony

If there's been a gully washer the night before, our mornings are cool and damp, and all my windows and doors are flung open.  The posters on the wall cringe and warp with humidity, but they'll dry again soon when I close up for the afternoon and turn the air conditioner back on.  I have to be sure to run the fan in it daily, because otherwise I fear the moisture and heat will grow some lovely black fuzzy stuff.  And being allergic to mold, I kind of want to avoid that!

There's one hanging plant that kind of catches the sun, but maybe not quite enough for the geranium to be happy.  The coleus is doing fine however, at giving me something colorful to look at through my balcony.  I shift this plant to the cooler shade of my front porch ever so often, and then don't have it's cheer outside the balcony for a while.

I frequently see hummingbirds at the feeder. I only put out a cup of nectar at a time, again because the heat and sweetness wants to grow mold inside, which isn't good for the birds. The purple shamrock is very happy not to have full sun, but the little Christmas (?) cactus right below the feeder is less happy in this shady spot.

But the Kalancho is happy as a lark, especially since it can lean up against the wall.

Today's Quote:


To this day I believe we are here on Earth to live, grow, and do what we can to make this world a better place for all people to enjoy freedom.
Rosa Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...