Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Last of summer


Pat Levi, one of my Mud Buddy friends, had this lovely vase with a bouquet from her own garden, for sale at the Tailgate market a few weeks ago.  I've recently become enamored by Dahlias.  Just look at that variegated yellow and red blossom!

As we braced for whatever remained of Hurricane Irma by the time she reached us, and had lovely weather that Saturday, I invited a neighbor to drive with me up to my favorite overlook (Tanbark Ridge) on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Everyone had their camera phones out!  This overlook is just a 45 minute drive from my home.

 We enjoyed a sunny spot until it got too hot.  Even the cool weather couldn't combat the sun.
Anthony's apartment is across the way from mine so we've been neighbors for the last year or so. But this was the first chance we've taken to get to know each other at all. He's a nice Italian guy from Ohio.


We reflected on how these mountains have withstood weather of all kinds, so would probably not be affected much by the winds and rains that might be coming in a few days.

There had been a relay race earlier, so many van loads of runners stopped by as they drove to the gathering place several miles further down the parkway.  We finally started asking them where they were from, and the teams we asked were from various places in North Carolina.

 One family had lots of pictures taken of themselves.  We guessed they were from India.  Actually the father is now a grad-student at UNC Chapel Hill.

This little card showing Hanuman was in the front window of their car (with a lot of reflection off the glass)...so I asked about some of the Hindu goddesses I'd heard about.  The teen daughter knew more than the mom, but the father was off talking to Anthony and posing for selfies, so I didn't find out his opinions.

Here's a better image of Hanuman.


Thanks for stopping by...I shared a silly face just before driving home. No we hadn't had any alcohol, yet!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! And thanks for the reminder that I should get myself to the Parkway. It's been too long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...