Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Cradle of Forestry

As we pulled into this "overlook" on the parkway, a huge raven flew off of this branch.  I was driving, so didn't get my camera out in time...which we all were glad of.


Pisgah National Forest has lots of trees, wilderness, and mountains!  It was originally owned by George and Edith Vanderbilt, who built the Biltmore Mansion in Asheville.  They also hired Carl Schenck to develop forestry techniques and the first forestry school in the US...called the Cradle of Forestry.  See here for more on Carl Schenck.

 Excellent displays with life size posers for lots of different interests.  And stuffed wildlife as well!

The man in blue shirt with woman in bright green in background on far left are the only real people in this shot...everyone else is a dummy (not stuffed!)

 Helen and I enjoyed all the exhibits at the Cradle of Forestry ...she's a real person!


A bit more from higher up on Mount Pisgah will be shared tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. what a nice day trip; I like exhibits like the one you have shown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embarrassed to say I've never been there. Starting a list of things to take Josie to when she's a bit older.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...