Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Thursday, January 11, 2018

The almost Christmas present

When I canceled visiting my friend for Christmas, it meant I had her Amaryllis (present?) as well as my own to watch over the holidays doing their wonderful things.









This plant seems to have 6 blooms on each stalk, which is the first time I've seen that bounty!
I'm calling this one Martha's flower.  She is a very avid gardener!






Today's quote:

A loving silence often has far more power to heal and to connect than the most well-intentioned words.
Rachel Naomi Remen

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful amaryllis! I love the way we consider them a winter flower 🌺. perfect for these gray winter days.
    My amaryllis have not done well this year, just two bud stalks instead of the masses I had last year. Wish I could figure out what I did differently last summer.
    Toes crossed that you are experiencing less treacherous weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one bulb I saved from last winter, has only produced leaves. So I sure don't have any advice about reusing bulbs...still need to learn that process. I missed my trip because of health, though the winter weather sure has changed lots of folks' plans this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, I have never had much luck with those bulbs; I do better with outdoor plants.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...