Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Tuesday Featured Artist - Throwing on the Hump -by Euan Craig

Euan The Potter, Euan Craig
A blog post is rare from this potter in Japan, at least that have been sent to my blog list.

This one is great.  Not only a nice lesson in tools, but a bonus of a YouTube showing how to throw rice bowls on the hump, using the "tombo" tool which he describes, and tells you how to make it.
Thanks Euan!

The Video HERE.

The entire interesting BLOG POST HERE

The last sentence of his long and wonderful blog is:
"What makes a great pot is a potter working in collaboration with the forces of nature, sloughing off the detritus of convention and addressing the issue of what it is to be human, a part of nature, expressing ones self through clay. "      

I may be a "hobby potter" in that I don't make production pots, nor do I make my living as a potter.  My health precludes such, as well as my age.  I asked Euan for permission to post his very informative blog...and am still waiting.  I guess he's busy making pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...