Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, October 14, 2018

A beautiful day for beautiful pottery

Saturday Oct 13, 2018 dawned bright and sunny, well, after the morning fog rolled away.

And I had a day trip planned to Spruce-Pine to see the Pottery Show. (More on it later, oh yes, much more!)

My friends and I took off from Black Mountain to Marion, over the Old Fort Pass to relatively rolling hills.  But then we followed US 221 up again into Gillespie Pass and to the mining town of Spruce-Pine.  It is the hub (as well as Bakersville and Burnsville) of the Toe River Arts Council, and many western North Carolina potters.

Here are just a few of the beautiful pots we saw!  I'll have a few more postings to share them all. This first post has the potters I liked as we went down one aisle.  (I liked most of them!)

And did I mention the show continues today 10-4?







I kind of wish I'd bought that mug of Kent McLaughlin's

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...