Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Potters' friendships

What I like best about the community of potters...is



They are such friendly people. And they have memories (much better than mine.) Two professional people who worked with my son when he was at Penland as a studio assistant remember him, and above the strangeness possible, they remember me...who only visited him and met them a few times.  So I always say hi, I'm Tai's mom...and they nod and ask about him.  And I make up some fun stories. Nah, I don't have to.  He's happy out in Colorado now...not making pots, but doing some great hiking and camping, which these pottery friends remember he loved...and that he wanted to move back there!


These potters pushed the window, or thought outside the box, and brought sculptural forms into functional pieces.  I loved them!

There were several serious sculptors also! I mean all their work was for the decorative arts, not for use with foods.




Very lightweight pendants.

I expected one of my friends to come home with a pendant, because she was so drawn to them.

Today's Quote:

Laughing is the shortest distance between two people.
                                                                                  Victor Borge

3 comments:

  1. Hello, pretty pieces of pottery. I like the bird and the pieces on the wall.
    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...