Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Antique cars anyone?

 A whimsical sculpture of a semi-truck door and a metal sculpted dog in the window...among many other sculptures on the grounds around the Grovewood Gallery.

 The man who owned a car dealership in Asheville and started the car collection.

 The weaving shed turned into garage for vintage and antique cars...
Photo of William Jennings Bryan riding in a cavalcade of cars.


There were actually 2 of these old time clocks where workers punched in and out, for various industries to support the Biltmore mansion nearby

Do you know what kind of car this is? Front view of the one shown above in side view.

Grovewood Gallery

My son in black, and 2 friends he went to college with in FL many years back.

But wait.  I saw an antique car parked at Lake Tomahawk the other day.  So it's road-worthy!



I am thinking that's a rumble seat on an old Model T, what do you think?

Perhaps the people pictured in this postcard drove similar cars to the amusement park...as I kind of missed the topic this week for Sepia Saturday.

5 comments:

  1. we've had antique cars, well vintage, but none that old, maybe one day we'll have another one, they just don't make things like they used to

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection of old cars. Love the gussied up yellow convertible you saw in the parking lot. The only trouble with old cars like that is the noise. I dated a fellow once who had a lovely old Model T Ford. It was fun riding in the thing, but we could never carry on any sort of conversation so I didn't really learn much about him in the couple of dates we had. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a terrific car collection, and I've visited the Grovewood a number of times. The mystery car is a LaSalle, maybe 1927-28. They were made by GM as a cheaper Cadillac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the metal sculpture at the beginning. Love it! The family story (which I tend to believe because it crosses several branches - but I can't prove it) is that we are related to William Jennings Bryan. Maybe some day we'll know - for better or worse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the old vintage cars, but we just bought ourselves a brand new Mazda 3 on Saturday. I’m almost afraid to drive it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...