Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Friday, October 9, 2015

Eureka! I found what I was looking for!

Chapter One
I've packed everything I owned and moved it only a mile.  But I'm not a simple person with just one this, and one that.  I have at least a ton of pottery of various shapes.  I have many less clothes than towels and sheets.  And even fewer shoes and purses.  I know, what kind of woman am I really?  The kind that has at least 20 cardboard boxes still to unpack...many of which hold books.

And I made a plate on order for someone at the Tailgate Market about 3 or 4 weeks ago.


That was before the Mud Buddies canceled their participation in a market on Sept. 26, and then the whole market was canceled on Oct. 3, due to incessant rain.

As many other retailers in the area, that hurt us, to miss 2 out of our 4 Saturdays a month.

But my big problem this week has been to find the plate for Joanne.  I called her 3 weeks ago to say it was ready, but then we weren't there.  She finally called me to see if I was really going to come to market this week.  Oh yes.  And determined to find the plate.

I never expected to unpack all my pottery first, but that was where it was most likely to be packed.  I knew I myself hadn't packed it, but nobody else remembered where it might be...it was among the last things packed.  And tonight I found it, where one more plastic tub had been buried under blankets which had been wet when we finished the move.  (They were used to protect my wonderful furniture, and then the blankets took forever to dry).  You must know that my furniture is pretty much what you can get at used furniture stores, except for the new bed.
Still unpacking, too many files to keep half of them!
So Joanne can come get her plate this Saturday.  And I hope to see many of my friends from the market...even though the weather-man has been talking about rain again.  Oh no!


Chapter two
I also want to give credit to the hard work and enjoyable posts over at Sepia Saturday, which is publishing for the 300th time this week.  The theme is based upon a very old photograph, and I just read what Alan posted in his own reference, showing unknown people who lived at the time of WW I.

Rosie B. giving her sweet smile!

My choice to honor Sepia Saturday is to also honor a friend who has been fighting cancer...and she is a tough cookie indeed.  Alan's photo is giving honor those who showed courage in the past.  Rosie still is!  So I'm a bit off topic (again!)

Rosie and myself in 2007, Brevard, NC

Rosie and I were in 7th grade through 12th grade in High School together.  Then we went off and married and had kids, and had very little contact from 1963 to 2001, when we again touched base with the miracle of the internet.  This visit was my second to NC to see Rosie and her husband George, and I moved here just months later.

Several years after that Rosie moved to Washington state to be near her family.  We're still talking daily over e-mails.  I love you, Rosie. You're my best friend!



Today's Quote:

In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order.
It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves. Carl Jung

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for your loving words, Barb. You're the sweetest! I love you very much, my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. more rain again this Sat, darn it all, hope the crowds come anyqay

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet tribute. I like Today's Quote! How very true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lost and found stories are always fun to read, especially when they involve renewed friendships. And I also like your quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with unpacking and finding new homes for all your possessions, and best wishes to Rosie too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the aggravation of needing to find something NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sepia Saturday inspires us all in different ways Barb and your thought-provoking post is a good example of the wonderful variety we have from our contributors. Thank you for helping us celebrate SS300.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't had to pack up for a move in about 30 years! That's a lot of accumulation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...