Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Train at Bryson City, NC

The Depot
It's been a couple of months since I had lunch here in Bryson City, NC.
An active train community, which attracts tourists by rail still...

The Great Smoky Mountain Railroad rides into town once a day

With a little help from another engine in front of the older one...

This train ride is between Bryson City and some scenic locations, where it just stops and goes back.  I don't know the details of cost, but there were several kinds of cars, which gave me a pretty good idea of first class vs. tourist open-air car.


The dining car was well populated

An open air car for the comfort of fresh mountain air


Many passengers went into the Nantahala brewery, others to the pizza place we'd just left, and others to the shop and museum.

I would have liked to tour a train museum, but not at $9 a ticket.  I dare say a few folks do keep it in business.

Here's info about the route the train takes.
 

4 comments:

Thanks for your comments...