Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Monday, June 4, 2018

Lake Lure before Memorial Day





 Sun and clouds played games over the mountains which overlook Lake Lure, the beach is in the foreground, not open yet on May 23 when we visited.

 Chimney Rock in shadow above the Inn and Spa,

And the sun hit it again!

As we ate lunch we had a light show of shadows cast on the mountains


And then a rain shower came right down the valley toward us! So we drove home, and missed most of the rain at that time.

After all the fun and anticipation of holiday festivities on May 28, Memorial Day, I look back from here in June now, and shake my head as to how the flash floods changed so much of the beautiful things we saw in this area of Western North Carolina.  It is sobering, that the mountains and rivers survive under us poor little ants (people) who move around enjoying the environment and avoiding flash floods, and boiling drinking water until pipes are repaired days after the flooding...well, I just think of how fragile my life is.  If our civilization is this fragile, the water pipes, the roads...just think of my own little life!  I spent the day being very grateful, and grabbing some of the joys of this life.

2 comments:

  1. I love to see the shadows chasing across the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had an awful lot of rain in Virginiaa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...