Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Saturday, October 17, 2015

What I've been making while moving

Painting the glaze of butterflies again...

Some nice big mugs with butterflies came out of the kiln today.  This one is a male too.  (look at blog a couple of days ago if you missed learning the tailtell signs.)

Bigger mugs for those who like to drink a big hot cup of anything!

A dear friend gifted me with a recycled love seat...which fits in beautifully with my new decor.


Yesterday was a red-letter day since I finally opened all the boxes (those which I hadn't labelled) and shifted some to appropriate rooms/spaces to be organized.  The real plus was finding the box which held my spices which was labelled but pushed to the back of the shelves.  Ah.  I'd missed them, and will be spending some time putting them in nice neat rows on turntables in the cabinet next to the stove.

Quote for today:


Be humble for you are made of Earth. Be noble for you are made of stars.
Serbian Proverb

6 comments:

  1. such a pretty combo, the monarch with the green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pleased to see that you have been working while moving!
    The monarchs are great. How do you get the white to work on the black ground?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mugs! I agree with Gary, the color combo is striking. After you paint on the monarch, do you wax resist over it? or carefully paint around?
    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reviewed the process of painting Monarchs here (you probably have to cut and past the link... http://blackmtnbarb.blogspot.com/2015/06/monarch-glazes.html ) Designer Liner seems to be more intense glaze than Maco Stroke N Coat...so it is able to leave dots of white over black glaze. I haven't tried the other light colors over dark, but this one really pops, doesn't it. I paint matt clear glaze over the whole painted butterfly, then wax it, then can dip the whole pot into green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are doing well to be working with clay after having only just moved... glad you found the spices!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...