Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Two women artists

Let's start this post with an intention...to find a photo or two of women in a boat, or in Victorian clothes, or on a pond, with a boathouse and some trees along the bank. Then I could match the Sepia Saturday meme for this week (photo at end of post.)  Ha ha ha.

I do want to share some women, two to be exact. Both of them are artists. They never knew each other...one from the first half of the last century, one from the beginning of this one.  No boat, no oars, no Victorian clothes..sorry.

This is the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum in Santa Fe NM. Let's just see a few of her works, but first...

From the Wheelwright Museum...

We've already been looking at some of Rose Simpson' work (Here, and here)...and I'll let you look at a bit more.





Here's an interesting display which describes how Georgia O'Keeffe took a painting and made it into a sculptural form.



And of course I have to share some of Georgia's wonderful paintings...

 Now every time I see this kind of clouds, I think of Georgia's painting.






And here's the sepia theme which I only barely followed!


Two women.

10 comments:

  1. The description of the ram's horn works I found particularly interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for introducing me to two news artists. I really like both their work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I am familiar with Georgia's flowers but have never seen any of this work, so inspiring to me. I was a bit sad about Rose's work; I felt like she suffered a lot of pain in her life and it makes me think of the migrants from south of the border supposedly 30 percent or more are raped along the way, so much sadness even in this supposedly modern age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful works. Rose's sculpture require more thought to appreciate the myth or dream imagery. Georgia's paintings invite a more immediate emotional response when one recognizes that her forms are both abstract and natural at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid I'm not much of an abstract or symbolic art fan, but Georgia O'Keeffe's Hibiscus and Pink Ornamental Banana paintings are lovely - the Hibiscus painting is particularly beautiful. The two women are far apart in the way they express themselves artistically.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big Georgia O'Keefe fan. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely post. I went to the "Georgia O'Keeffe in Hawaii" exhibit at the NY Botanical Garden last year, and they featured some of her botanical paintings like the hibiscus and banana plant shown here. They were breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that you went to the Georgia O'Keeffe museum. I love her work. Back in 2008 I went an exhibition of O'Keeffe and Ansel Adams at the Smithsonian American Art Museum. It was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rose Simpson is new to me. Thank you for showing us her amazing work. And O'Keefe--always a joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...