Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Pottery and sculpture etc at Wheelwright Museum


A sweet sculpture on the landing of the staircase going downstairs to the "Trading Post" i.e. Museum Store.  Oh but what treasures they had!

I first discovered Maria Martinez' works of black on black, from San Isledefonso Pueblo, in the 1970s.






The above works are all priced for sale, in the gift shop, er Trading Post, at the Wheelwright Museum.
I'm pretty sure this was just for decoration, but then again...

Kachina Dolls



In a hallway by the elevator, I found this ancient style loom.


These humorous animals reminded me of my dragons...

It was a bit early for lunch, but the bakery/cafe area off the patio between 2 museums on Museum Hill provided a plug for my phone to recharge, and a cuppa coffee and a pastry.

The decorated cow reminded me of one I saw at the art museum in Raleigh NC


4 comments:

  1. ...every week I watch The Antiques Roadshow and some of these I've seen on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are some treasures like these out there for sale!

      Delete
  2. Hello, wow so many beautiful pottery pieces. I love the sculpture of the woman. The decorated cow is cute. Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the woman and child were ones that I enjoyed also...not sure who would ever want a painted cow! Hope you have a great day too!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...