Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Archaic artifacts

The Museum of the Canyon of the Ancients had a great progression of the "periods" that have been labeled to designate different indigenous cultures as they developed in the southwest US.






I stare and stare at this exhibit, hoping I can remember the difference between the Clovis and Folsom points...but am not sure why. I just don't ever seem to remember them! And recently a new dig in Oregon (I think) found human settlement around 14,000 BP.

















6 comments:

  1. Hello, what an interesting exhibit. The tools are amazing. I guess you never know what might be buried in your backyard. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sure interesting that so many people have lived for so long in the high desert areas of the southwest.

      Delete
  2. ...I can't imagine having the patience to do a dig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be able to physically do it, myself. But I love learning about what has been discovered.

      Delete
  3. I love seeing the points. We have discovered many in one of our fields. And the pottery in your header makes me imagine the connection that you, as a potter, must have felt to these long ago folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm learning a lot about early pottery by seeing so many of these artifacts.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...