Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Friday, August 21, 2015

Teapot number three



A slightly smaller size and other adjustments to the original design...as shared a couple weeks ago - HERE.
I also am going to paint the bees on after a bisque firing, instead of using Mishima technique.

I also made an even smaller version with some recycled clay, which will appear more like stoneware.
The white clay usually looks slightly creamy when finished...it's Little Loafers from Highwater Clays in Asheville.

I like using Little Loafers because it has no grog to speak of, so smoothing with a sponge gives a smooth surface rather than gritty.  It's also easy for me to throw (perhaps because I throw very dry rather than with a lot of water.)

Anyway, this is the process I've been involved with lately.

Quote for today:


Honor the tradition but expand the understanding. That's what religions must do right now if they hope to be helpful to humans in the years ahead.
Neale Donald Walsch
Tomorrow's God

2 comments:

  1. I'm using little loafers too; I am just about out and may take a drive to Asheville next week rather than Atlanta, as I hate driving in all that traffic in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...