Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Plain ole me

Many things changing ...the one constant that life offers us is change.  Each day something is always going to be different.

At least it's not like walking on quicksand...I think.  It's like walking with many curves in front (as well as in back) of me, with many high slopes ahead, and with some rocky places as well.

But it all comes out with a cycle of movement, which I prefer to think of as a spiral.

The only trouble is forgetfulness.  I forget each morning until I get reminded, that life is a spiral, not a straight line between birth and death.  The spiral takes me from inside close to center, then out to the further edges where movement seems so slow that it's as if I'm barely moving.  

But then before I fall off this spiral (whatever that might be) I'm pulled back, moving towards center again.

If you're a potter friend, you know how centering is something that is done before creating anything on a wheel.  If you're a meditating friend, you know how sitting in quiet lets you feel your own physical, spiritual, emotional being is tucked there inside as you feel centered.

So as my life as Barbara has experienced yet another turn of the earth around the sun, I celebrate with my friends and family becoming a youngish elder of 73.  Once that felt like it would truly be old age.  But today I meet many people in their 80s and 90s...and one dear person over 101...so I know I've got a lot of living still to do.

Sharing cheer with my friend, Helen, I'm on the left.
Today's quote:


The grass is not, in fact, always greener on the other side of the fence. No, not at all. Fences have nothing to do with it. The grass is greenest where it is watered. When crossing over fences, carry water with you and tend the grass where ever you may be.
Robert Fulghum

4 comments:

  1. Happy, happy day, dear Barb.
    Keep on dancing round the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thoughtful post - I'm spiraling right behind you -- will be 73 in Feb. Happy Birthday, Barb!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...