Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Monday, March 11, 2024

Monday Murals

 At the clay studio building, I've shared several other murals before. But this one is hard to see by a passing car, especially when looking for a parking place. Only someone walking by might get a glimpse of it. I took a break to get some fresh air, and stood right under it, looking at the retention pond where a lot of clay/glaze sludge washes out, as well as rainwater. There over my shoulder I was surprised to see this.









After I enjoyed looking up and down and examining each tile, I went inside and asked Charles who had made the tiles. He said lots of people, all ages. I could see many were made by children. I asked when it was made, and he said about a year ago.

I love how it's strung together by loops of wire, and each column hangs freely from the pipe above.

Sharing with Monday Murals! Thanks Sami for hosting this meme!
Today's quote:

One does not advance the swimming abilities of ducks by throwing the eggs in the water. 

-Multatuli (pen name of Eduard Douwes Dekker), novelist (1820-1887)

8 comments:

  1. ...this sure a colorful fun mural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it get affected by the wind? It is a lovely cheerful sight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the last few days would have given it a good test! I didn't even think to touch it to see how much flex there was.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, have a great week yourself, Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to see in all those tiles. Very pretty :) I wonder if it tiles don't break flapping against the wall on windy days. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing projects where many hand contribute. This is a real goodie! The mounting is wonderful. So happy for you that you are able to get back to clay. More dragons? suzi/smartcat......because blogger makes me anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to display a collection of art and show the talents of many people.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...